Data Dashboards are HOT!
“Although improved quality of health is the ultimate goal, NLM recognizes that this lofty goal is long range and not easy to measure. More realistic measures are short term or proximate indicators related to changes in individual health information seeking behavior and changes in community participation and support for health information literacy.” (Burroughs, C. “Outcomes Assessment in Community-Based Health Information Outreach.” Paper presented at Evaluation 2004, the annual conference of the American Evaluation Association, November 5, 2004. Atlanta, Georgia. p3)
About the NEO
The vision of the NEO is to influence NN/LM’s use of evaluation to engage and learn about its programs, make good decisions, and enhance the visibility of its successes. Strategies are organized around five main aims.
- The NEO will support the NN/LM leadership’s ability to make data-driven decisions.
- The NEO will collaborate with the regional medical libraries to increase use of evaluation in their regions.
- The NEO will provide quality evaluation training opportunities to build evaluation skills of network members.
- The NEO will work to increase visibility of NN/LM’s program successes.
- The NEO will provide new written materials about effective and emerging evaluation practices and trends.
Planning & Evaluating Health Information Outreach Projects
The second edition (2013) of this popular series of three booklets by Susan Barnes and Cynthia Olney presents step-by-step planning and evaluation methods. Along with providing information about evaluation, each booklet includes a case study and worksheets to assist with outreach planning. The booklets are designed to supplement Measuring the Difference: Guide to Planning and Evaluating Health Information Outreach and to support evaluation workshops.
PDF (220 kb) This PDF version is not optimized for screen readers.
PDF (236 kb) This PDF version is not optimized for screen readers.
PDF (432 kb) This PDF version is not optimized for screen readers.
Copies of this, or any, or all three of the booklets are available from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Outreach Evaluation Resource Center. To receive a free copy send an email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7155