Health Sciences Center Library
1462 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta , GA 30322
Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library
1120 15th Street
Augusta , GA 30912-4400
Mercer University School of Medicine
1550 College Street
Macon, GA 31207-0001
Morehouse School of Medicine
720 Westview Drive, SW
Atlanta , GA 30310-1495
Georgia is located on southeast coast of the United States , with its state capitol located in Atlanta. Georgia has 159 counties which are grouped into 12 geographical regions. Among the 50 states, Georgia ranks 24th in size, covering 59,441 square miles. According to the 2000 U.S. Census, Georgia is the 10th most populous state with 8,186,453 residents, and the state's population is projected to increase by 17.2 percent through 2010.
Between 1990 and 2000, the population of metropolitan Atlanta increased by over one million, from 2.9 to 4.1 million - the largest gain of any large metropolitan area in the nation. Of all U.S. counties with at least 10,000 residents, four of the top ten fastest-growing were on the edges of Atlanta. In particular, the population of Gwinnett County increased by nearly 67 percent. Douglas County saw its numbers grow by about 340 percent, and Henry County almost doubled in size over the ten-year period. (NPG Special Report: Georgia's Dilemma)
Library Associations/Consortia/Local Groups
- Atlanta Health Science Libraries Consortium (AHSLC)
- Georgia Cancer Coalition
- Georgia Health Sciences Library Association
- Georgia Interactive Network for Medical Information (GaIN) - A non-profit, university-based electronic health care information network centered at the Mercer University School of Medicine.
- Southern Chapter of the Medical Library Association
- Southwest Georgia Health Sciences Library Consortium - Susan Statom, President
- Digital Library of Georgia - The Digital Library of Georgia is a gateway to Georgia's history and culture found in digitized books, manuscripts, photographs, newspapers, audio, video, and other materials.
- GALILEO - Georgia's Virtual Library
- Georgia State Library Service - Portal for the Georgia public library system.
- Georgia Public Library Directory - Directory from the Georgia Public Library Service.
- University System of Georgia Libraries - Directory from the Georgia Public Library Service.
To locate libraries in the NN/LM Network, please use the NN/LM Members Directory.