New Class Just for You!
Community College Librarians!
We will be offering a class specifically for you:
Navigating Health Information for Community Colleges
This is a FREE 1.5-hour online class.
To see when it will be offered please visit: http://nnlm.gov/ntcc/classes/class_details.html?class_id=641
To request the course be taught for a group of 10 or more participants please email Lydia Collins.
MAR Services / Resources
Free MAR webinars, news feeds, and services:
- Boost Box - Monthly webinar to boost your knowledge of NLM products or other health topics
- Lunch with the RML - Monthly webinar to share experiences and ideas
- TechTime - Quarterly webinar to keep abreast of technology trends and issues
- MAR-L Listserv - Subscribe to keep abreast of breaking developments from NLM, classes, funding opportunitites, and other important information
- The MAReport - Quarterly newsletter for the NN/LM Middle Atlantic Region
- MARquee News Blog - Announcements, upcoming events, technology tips, etc.
- Facebook - "Like" us on the popular social networking site
- Twitter - Follow us on Twitter for information resources that you can use
NN/LM MAR Guide for Community Colleges
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) provides free resources on health information to help your students and faculty:
- Outreach to Academic Libraries (NN/LM MAR)
If you have any questions, please contact Lydia Collins, MAR Consumer Health Coordinator
Evaluating Health Information Resources
- Evaluating Health Information (MedlinePlus)
- Understanding Medical Research (MedlinePlus)
- A User's Guide to Finding and Evaluating Health Information on the Web (Medical Library Association)
Traveling Exhibition Program
Would your library like to host an exhibit about
- Harry Potter
- African American surgeons
- Shakespeare & medicine
- Other interesting topics
Then check out NLM's Traveling Exhibition Program: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/about/exhibition/