Research Data Management Symposium
Doing It Your Way:
Approaches to Research Data Management for Libraries
NN/LM MAR is offering a 2-day symposium to help your library find its unique approach to research data management. We have a great cast of speakers to talk about issues you may be facing in your library.
When: April 28 - 29, 2014
Where: The Rockefeller University, New York, NY
Start spreading the news!
In preparation, check out these sites:
- Journal of eScience Librarianship (JESLIB): Includes peer-reviewed articles on topics such as research data management, librarians embedded on research teams, data services, data curation, and data sharing and re-use.
- eScience Portal: Includes data management planning, science data literacy, open science, library roles, and more.
- New England Collorative Data Management Curriculum: Tool for teaching data management best practices in the health sciences, sciences, and engineering disciplines. Led by librarians from the Lamar Soutter Library at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, the Marine Biological Laboratory and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Northeastern University, Tufts University, and University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
This project has been funded in whole or in part with Federal funds from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Contract No. HHS-N-276-2011-00003-C with the University of Pittsburgh, Health Sciences Library System.
What is NN/LM MAR?
NN/LM MAR supports collaboration, training, and funding opportunities for health centers, community organizations, as well as medical, public and school libraries in DE, NJ, NY and PA.
Our services include:
- Boost Box - a monthly webinar to boost your knowledge of NLM products or other health information topics
- Lunch with the RML - a monthly webinar to share experiences and ideas with MAR staff and Network members
- TechTime - a quarterly webinar to share technology information Network members
- The MAReport - quarterly newsletter for the NN/LM Middle Atlantic Region
- MAR-L Listserv - Receive weekly emails to keep aware of our classes, funding opportunitites, breaking developments from NLM, and other important information
- MARquee News Blog - announcements, upcoming events, technology tips, etc.
- Facebook - "Like" us on the popular social networking site
- Twitter - Follow us on Twitter for information resources that you can use