MAR Services and Resources
MAR Education and Communication:
- Boost Box - a monthly webinar to boost your knowledge of NLM products or other health information topics
- Lunch with the RML - a monthly webinar to share experiences and ideas with MAR staff and Network members
- MAR-L Listserv - Subscribe to weekly announcements to keep aware of breaking developments from NLM, funding opportunitites, and other important information
- The MAReport - quarterly newsletter for the NN/LM Middle Atlantic Region
- MARquee News Blog - announcements, upcoming events, technology tips, etc.
- Facebook - "Like" us on the popular social networking site
- Twitter - Follow us on Twitter for information resources that you can use
DOCLINE 5.0 Introduction to Serial Holdings & New Embargo Feature
These are the slides from the DOCLINE session held September 3, 2014 and the recording.
Save $$$- Discount Interlibrary Loans from Health Sciences Library System (HSLS) at the University of Pittsburgh
The Health Sciences Library System (HSLS) at the University of Pittsburgh, with the encouragement of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine Middle Atlantic Region (NN/LM MAR), is inviting you to join them in a discounted ILL program. HSLS provides not only strong collections to fill your loans, but also efficient and reliable service.
The goal of the program is to provide fast, cost-effective interlibrary loans to Delaware, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania hospital libraries. With its strong collection, including over 5,700 unique titles, prompt and efficient service with a turnaround time of 1-2 days, and proficient use of technology, the University of Pittsburgh is an ideal center to offer this discounted ILL program.
Who can participate?
Under this program, HSLS will provide document delivery services to hospital libraries for a discounted rate of $8.50 per article. The program is limited to hospitals with under 500 beds in NN/LM MAR (DE, NJ, NY and PA). Participating libraries agree to the following:
- Requests must be submitted via DOCLINE
- Libraries must be willing to receive articles electronically through Ariel, Odyssey or WebPDF
- All libraries will be invoiced via EFTS
- Discounted rate does not apply to rush, urgent patient care or color copies
- Libraries will comply with fair use guidelines and copyright law
Contact: Barbara May, Manager, Document Delivery, HSLS University of Pittsburgh
Phone number: 412 648-2037
Once registered, we recommend you place their LIBID:PAUPIT in a routing cell of its own, after any free groups. If your request cannot be filled for free first, it will then be routed on to the University of Pittsburgh (PAUPIT). If they have the item, the request will be filled for a cost of $8.50.