National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Middle Atlantic Region
NN/LM MAR, based at the University of Pittsburgh and funded in full by the National Library of Medicine, promotes the use and access of reliable health information by health professionals and the public in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware. Services to public health organizations and agencies include this resource guide of free public health information resources, as well as:
- free online and in-person training on reliable health information resources
- free educational materials for order and download on National Library of Medicine resources
- free consultation on health information outreach planning and evaluation
- funding opportunities for health information outreach
- Recent awards
- networking among 700+ information organizations in NY, NJ, PA and DE, including hospital, academic and public libraries, public health agencies, and community-based organizations.
Membership in NN/LM MAR is free. To sign-up: http://nnlm.gov/mar/services/
For more information, contact Outreach Coordinator Kate Flewelling, MLIS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-624-3336
MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health's Web site for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information, anytime, anywhere, for free.
You can use MedlinePlus to learn about the latest treatments, look up information on a drug or supplement, find out the meanings of words, or view medical videos or illustrations. You can also get links to the latest medical research on your topic or find out about clinical trials on a disease or condition.