Medical Center Library
S G Mudd Bldg
PO Box 3702 DUMC
Durham, NC 27710-3702
East Carolina University
Laupus Health Sciences Library
600 Moye Blvd
Greenville, NC 27858-4354
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Health Sciences Library
335 S. Columbia Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7585
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
Medical Center Boulevard
Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1069
North Carolina is located in the southeast United States, with its state capital located in Raleigh. North Carolina has 100 counties and is bordered by Virginia, South Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia. Among the 50 states, North Carolina ranks 28th in size, covering 53,821 square miles. According to the 2000 Census, North Carolina ranks 11th in population size with 8,049,313 residents, and the state's population is projected to increase by 17.3 percent through 2010.
Several counties are projected to experience growth rates of 25 percent or more through 2010, including Brunswick, Cabarrus, Currituck, Dare, Franklin, Harnett, Hoke, Iredell, Johnston, Mecklenburg, Pender, Union and Wake counties. The three largest municipalities by population are Charlotte, Raleigh, and Greensboro, totaling over 1.3 million residents.
Library Associations/Consortia/Local Groups
- NC LIVE - North Carolina libraries have statewide access to a rich array of electronic information including complete articles from over 16,000 newspapers, journals, magazines, and encyclopedias, and access to over 25,000 online print and audio books.
- North Carolina Public Libraries on the Web - Links to all of North Carolina's public libraries' home pages.
- North Carolina State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped - Part of the national network of the Library of Congress's National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
- State Library of North Carolina - Works to increase knowledge and education, promote economic development, and support sound public decision making by serving as an information resource for government, business and the public.
- AHEC Digital Library - The North Carolina AHEC Digital Library (ADL) is an online service of the North Carolina AHEC Program serving North Carolina healthcare professionals with a focus on clinical care and continuing education. Membership is required to access the databases. Membership information is available from your local AHEC Library or from the ADL Membership page.
- NC Health Info -
To locate libraries in the NN/LM Network, please use the NN/LM Members Directory.
216 Lenoir Drive • CB #3360 • 100 Manning Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3360
(919) 962-8366 • Fax: (919) 962-8071 • email@example.com
Department of Library and Information Studies
349 Curry Building, PO Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
Department of Library Science
1000 E. 5th Street | 103 Umstead Building
College of Education | Mail Stop 172 | East Carolina University | Greenville, NC 27858-4353 USA
Phone: 252-328-6621 | Fax: 252-328-4368
School of Library and Information Sciences
354 James E. Shepard Library
1801 Fayetteville St.
Durham NC 27707