- South Carolina Media: Newspapers, Radio, Television - This resource from SCIway provides links to SC newspapers, magazines, journals, radio stations, television stations, and other media resources.
- South Carolina News - This feature on the South Carolina state Web site provides links to state headlines, as well as news stories related to government, education, tourism, environment, public safety, and health. There are also links to agency news releases and state newspapers and television stations.
- South Carolina Newspapers - The U.S. Newspaper List provides links to South Carolina newspapers, radio stations, television stations, and magazines.
South Carolina is located on the east coast of the United States, with its state capital located in Columbia. South Carolina has 46 counties, and among the 50 states, South Carolina ranks 40th in size, covering 32,007 square miles. According to the 2000 Census, South Carolina ranks 26th in population with 4,012,012 residents, and the state's population is projected to increase by 10.8 percent through 2010. Several counties are projected to experience growth rates of 20 percent or more over the next 10 years, including Beaufort, Dorchester, Horry, and York counties.
Columbia is South Carolina's most heavily populated city with nearly 3% of the state's population. Columbia is the only city in the state with more than 100,000 residents. The largest county in the state is Greenville, with nearly 380,000 residents.
Library Associations/Consortia/Local Groups
- South Carolina Library Association - The state chapter of the American Library Association for library staff and trustees, library school students, libraries, and friends of libraries representing the full spectrum of librarianship in South Carolina.
- Southern Chapter of the Medical Library Association - A professional organization made up of health science librarians from the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- South Carolina Chapter of the Special Libraries Association
- South Carolina Public Libraries Directory - A branch-level directory of South Carolina's 42 county and regional public library systems.
- South Carolina State Library
- Georgetown County - Carvers Bay Branch Library
- SC State Library Talking Book Services for People with Disabilities - Part of the national network of the Library of Congress's National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
To locate libraries in the NN/LM Network, please use the NN/LM Members Directory.
University of South Carolina School of Library and Information Science
Columbia, SC 29208